Sanctuary of New Second Baptist Church, May 1953

Sanctuary of New Second Baptist Church, May 1953
Caption: The sanctuary of the new $120,000 Second Baptist Church at Beakes St. and N. Fifth Ave. is shown above. The church, of contemporary design throughout, will be dedicated at 2:30 p.m. tomorrow. The cross on the altar is a gift of Probate Judge Jay H. Payne in memory of his mother. The baptistry is behind the altar. Local architects Kasurin and Kasurin designed the building, and the Kurtz Building Co. was the general contractor. The painting behind the altar was done by a former member.
Published in Issue: Ann Arbor News, May 9, 1953

Article Keywords: Black American Community, Building & Construction, Dedications, Second Baptist Church of Ann Arbor
Places: 216 Beakes St
Photographer: Eck Stanger
Date: May 1953

Copyright: Copyright Protected
Rights Held by: Donated by the Ann Arbor News. © The Ann Arbor News.
Related:
New Structure Milestone For Church, Pastor